Validation of Controlled Substances Prescriptions – FL Required – 2 CE
Pharmacist Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize how to assess prescriptions for therapeutic value and detect prescriptions not based on legitimate medical purpose
- Recall protocols for addressing and resolving problems recognized during drug utilization review including drug interactions, side effects, and dosing guidelines
- Recall Florida laws and rules related to the prescription and dispensing of controlled substances
- Recall the legal responsibilities in using the Florida Prescription Drug Monitoring Program’s Database
- Recognize the relevance of the Florida standing order for naloxone for the emergency treatment of opioid overdose
- Identify proper patient storage and disposal of controlled substances Identify important counseling points for patients with opioid prescriptions
- Describe available treatment resources for opioid physical dependence, addiction, misuse, or abuse
AchieveCE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
AchieveCE is also accredited by the Florida Board of Pharmacy (provider no. 50-20641). This course is approved by CE Broker, with CE Broker No. 20-767718.
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PhD, MBA is a Pharmacist and Pharmaceutical Scientist with over 20 years of experience in clinical practice in healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry. She has a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Development, and Pharmacokinetics. She has no actual or potential conflicts of interest to disclose. She has no actual or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Financial Support Disclosure
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Universal Activity Number
Activity Release Date
July 8, 2021
Activity Expiration Date
July 8, 2024
Handout Download Link(s)
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CPE Monitor and/or CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
Ready to Start?
You may also be interested in: