Want Unlimited CE?
Disaster Preparedness – 1 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify issues affecting food and water safety following a natural disaster
- Describe the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and how they can be prevented
- Describe the types of environmental hazards that may be encountered following a storm along with the appropriate safety measures
- Describe how natural disasters may affect the availability of medications and medical supplies for the chronically ill
- Identify steps that can be taken to minimize injuries and illnesses during storm cleanup
- Describe the types of mental health issues that can arise following a natural disaster along with coping strategies
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
AchieveCE is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2025. Provider ID# 386503.
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268. AchieveCE is an approved provider from July 14, 2022 to January 14, 2023.
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
1.0 Contact Hour
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Clinical Lab Personnel
Mental Health Professional
Nursing Home Administrator
Licensed Practical Nurse
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-674853
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: