Want Unlimited CE?
Pandemic Preparedness – 3 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe how pandemics develop.
- Discuss the importance of pandemic planning.
- Describe the types of ethical concerns involved in pandemic planning and response.
- Discuss the role that pandemic preparedness plays in overall national emergency preparedness.
- Identify the roles that the government and various sectors of the community play in pandemic planning and response.
- Discuss the role that the World Health Organization plays in guiding global pandemic planning and response efforts.
- Describe the phases of a pandemic as defined by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Discuss how certain pandemic variables, such as infectiousness and attack rate, impact pandemic planning and response.
- Describe essential health care capabilities that must be considered when formulating a pandemic response plan.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Clinical Lab Personnel
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-787758
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
CE Broker Reporting
If you are licensed under a board supported by CE Broker, feel free to log into your CE Broker account to view your reported courses or to contact their support staff.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: