Want Unlimited CE?
Top LGBT Health Issues – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define key terminology as it applies to the LGBTQ community and appropriately use cultural information and terminology in order to establish clinical relationships.
- Identify health disparities and risk factors impacting the LGBTQ community.
- Identify the types of oppression and discrimination that LGBTQ individuals face within the health care system.
- Describe the medical conditions that apply to different groups within the community.
- Outline legal and ethical obligations associated with treating patients that identify as LGBTQ.
- Identify steps that providers and health care organizations can take to address underlying cultural biases and improve the provision of nondiscriminatory care for patients who identify as LGBTQ.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Licensed Practical Nurse
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-762866
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: