Want Unlimited CE?
Best Practices on Controlled Substances and Drug Diversion – 3 CE
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Define drug misuse, drug abuse, and addiction and the scope of the drug abuse epidemic in the United States.
- Identify how controlled substances are classified according to schedules and provide examples of drugs on each schedule.
- Name commonly misused and diverted drugs as well as sources for diversion.
- Identify behaviors that could indicate drug misuse or diversion on the part of a patient or health care professional.
- List risk factors for drug misuse or diversion.
- Identify best practices for prescribers and nurses to prevent drug misuse or diversion.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AchieveCE is also an accredited provider by the Florida Board of Nursing (Provider #50-20641) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP17265), and through the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) with provider ID #386503. This course is approved by CE Broker, with CE Broker No. 20-674235.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Licensed Practical Nurse
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-682862
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Dr. Patricia Dunn DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
CE Broker Reporting
If you are licensed under a board supported by CE Broker, feel free to log into your CE Broker account to view your reported courses or to contact their support staff.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: