Want Unlimited CE?
Eating Disorders – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define eating disorders and how they can be developed throughout a lifetime
- Understand the different kinds of eating disorders, how they can start, and the demographic they affect
- Classify the different eating disorders and be able to recognize them from their common characteristics or symptoms
- Analyze various eating disorders, according to their different characteristics
- Assess the ways in which a particular eating disorder can be treated with medication, therapy, or a mixture of both.
- Recall the kind of research that’s going into the treatment for each type of eating disorder
- Describe the various treatment options open to those suffering from an eating disorder
- Realize that the best treatment options for any such individual will depend on their unique needs and circumstances instead of a one-method-fits-all approach.
- Distinguish the various eating disorders.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of eating disorders.
- Recognize how eating disorders kick in or the risk factors of eating disorders.
- Assess other mental conditions that coexist with eating disorders.
- Understand why some eating disorders such as bulimic behavior are done in secret.
- Explore the non-pharmacological treatment options for eating disorders.
- Establish pharmacological treatment option for eating disorders.
- Differentiate how males are affected with eating disorders.
- Understand the risk factors associated with eating disorders.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Licensed Practical Nurse
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-762818
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: