Want Unlimited CE?
HIV/AIDS Infection Control – 1 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define HIV and AIDS.
- Discuss the epidemiology of HIV and AIDS.
- Describe common modes of HIV transmission.
- Assess methods in which HIV may be transmitted in a health care setting.
- Discuss universal precautions and other infection control techniques that can reduce the risk of HIV transmission in health care settings.
- Identify common secondary infections and conditions associated with HIV and AIDS.
- Identify clinical strategies for the prevention and management of HIV and AIDS.
- Discuss federal laws pertaining to HIV and AIDS, including confidentiality of testing, the treatment of patients, partner notification and reporting requirements, and the offering of HIV testing to pregnant women.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
1.0 Contact Hour
AIDS Therapy/Infection Control
Clinical Lab Personnel
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Psychiatric Technician Nurse
Certified Nurse Practitioner
Registered Nurse Practitioner
Home Health Aide
Certified Nursing Aide
Health Access Dental
Dental Teaching Permit
Dental Temporary Certificate
Certified Nursing Assistant
Emergency Medical Technician
Clinical Laboratory Director
Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Clinical Laboratory Technician
Public Health Technician
Public Health Technologist
Public Health Supervisor
Public Health Director
Nursing Home Administrator
Physical Therapist Assistant
Respiratory Care Practitioner Critical Care
Respiratory Care Practitioner Non-Critical Care
Certified Respiratory Therapist
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Diagnostic Radiological Physicist
Therapeutic Radiological Physicist
Medical Nuclear Radiological Physicist
Medical Health Physicist
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-591103
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: