AGD Accredited Continuing Education for Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and other Dental Professionals
Bioterrorism for Dental Professionals – 4 CE
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Define biological, chemical, and radiological bioterrorism.
- Identify the role of the health care provider in the event of a bioterrorism attack.
- Identify common bacterial and viral agents that may be used in a bioterrorism attack.
- Describe the steps that should be taken in response to various biological agents.
- Identify various toxins that may be used in a bioterrorism attack.
- Describe the appropriate response to an attack using various toxins.
- Describe the steps that should be taken following a chemical attack.
- Describe the ways in which terrorists may commit a radiological attack.
- Describe the various treatments that may be used following radiation exposure.
- Describe the various types of personal protective equipment that may be used when dealing with a biological, chemical, or radiological attack.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
4.0 Contact Hours
Advance Practice Nurse Prescribers
Advance Practice Registered Nurse
Certified Nurse Midwife
Certified Nurse Practitioner
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Certified Respiratory Therapist
Clinical Laboratory Director
Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
Clinical Laboratory Technician
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Community Dental Health Coordinator
Expanded Function Auxilliary
Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Forensic Nurse – CSA
Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Psychiatric Technician Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Occupational Therapist Assistant
Public Health Nurse
Registered Dental Asisstant
Registered Nurse Practitioner
Registered Pharmacy Technician
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Care Practitioner Critical Care
Respiratory Care Practitioner Non-Critical Care
Contains case-based material
Dental Board of CA No. RP5822
FL Board of Dentistry No . 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-649654
Jonas Ashbaugh, DDS
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
CE Broker Reporting
If you are licensed under a board supported by CE Broker, feel free to log into your CE Broker account to view your reported courses or to contact their support staff.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: