Want Unlimited CE?
ABO Discrepancies – 3 CE
This course satisfies the FL Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel requirement for Immunohematology by discussing ABO typing, its classifications and how to identify what leads to incorrect results.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define the primary classifications of ABO typing discrepancies and their causes
- Define the seven general rules for resolving ABO discrepancies
- Identify common pre-analytical errors that can lead to incorrect ABO test results and how they can be prevented
- Identify reagents and testing methodologies used to resolve ABO discrepancies
- Identify specific quality control measures that can help reduce the number of ABO discrepancies
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Clinical Lab Personnel
Contains case-based material
Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
Provider No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-637902
Barbara Sudaassi, SU, BSMT (ACSP)
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: