Want Unlimited CE?
Stroke for Emergency Medical – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Accurately define common stroke-related terms.
- Discuss the history of stroke diagnosis and treatment.
- Discuss the frequency of stroke in the United States.
- Discuss the role that EMS personnel play in providing care to stroke patients.
- Describe the various types of strokes and their causes.
- Identify common medical conditions that can mimic strokes.
- Discuss common stroke risk factors.
- Recognize the common signs and symptoms of a stroke.
- Describe how to conduct a FAST exam.
- Describe steps that EMS personnel can take to minimize the time that it takes for patients to receive stroke therapy.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Emergency Medical Technician
Contains case-based material
Emergency Medical Services
Provider No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-803838
John Villa, MD, FACEP, FAAFP
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: