Want Unlimited CE?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify common types of coronaviruses that affect humans.
- Describe the origins of the SARS outbreak of 2003 and the threat posed by the virus today.
- Identify ways in which SARS-CoV is transmitted.
- Describe the signs, symptoms, and clinical indications of SARS.
- Describe the case definitions used by the World Health Organization for SARS reporting and surveillance.
- Describe diagnostic testing strategies and clinical management protocols for SARS.
- Describe the steps that health care personnel should take when working with patients with confirmed or suspected SARS.
- Describe the current reporting requirements for confirmed or suspected SARS
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Clinical Lab Personnel
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-787828
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: