Want Unlimited CE?
Safe Patient Handling
This course will make healthcare practitioners understand how to recognize signs of injury, prevent unnecessary strain, and notice environmental factors that contribute to a hazardous working environment.
| Convenient Online Course | Reports to CE Broker | At-Your-Own-Pace |
Take courses anytime, around your schedule
No time-limits, expiration dates or maximum test-taking attempts
Your courses will be reported to CE Broker, your Board or Association within 24 hours
Take on Desktop or Mobile
Conveniently take courses from home or on-the-go
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define why MSDs occur at high rates for healthcare practitioners and why it’s been so difficult for professionals to alter their approach to the job
- State the environmental factors that lead to injury, including specific problems with staffing, organization, and physical obstructions
- Discuss the established body of evidence related to minimizing MSDs, and why the principles should no longer be used with healthcare workers of today
- Explain the protocol for different types of patients, depending on weight, available equipment, and whether the patient is available to assist with the movement
- Name different types of equipment and explain how each one relates to SPH
- Apply the techniques of SPH to a variety of scenarios, including unexpected emergencies (e.g., a patient falling, etc.)
- Recognize unsafe behavior even in seemingly undemanding tasks, such as feeding a patient on bed rest.
- Differentiate between different techniques based on the nature of the task, needs of the patient, and expectations of the worker
- Incorporate the basics of ergonomics into every aspect of the job
You may also be interested in:
We’re sure you’ll love our courses!
But don’t take our word for it…
"Interesting topics, concise and organized. Thank you for a great and painless CE experience this year!"
"This was a great package. It was informative, easy to digest and very well organized! Overall, it was convenient and took all the guesswork out. Thanks so much, AchieveCE!"
"Very informative and up-to-date courses at a great price. I'll be back next time around!!!"