Want Unlimited CE?
Professional Ethics and Boundaries for Mental Health Professionals – 6 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Understand ethical principles and their relationship to the counseling profession
- Comprehend the role of boundaries in counseling practice and the professional’s role in healthy boundary maintenance
- Obtain an overview of the ethical codes of major counseling organizations
- Review key points of the Florida Statutes Chapter 491 laws and rules which are in effect codified ethics
- Learn ethical decision-making models designed for the counseling profession
- Demonstrate the application of ethics and boundaries to practice situations common to the counseling profession
- Identify effective ways to deal with ethical and boundary issues in order to protect clients from exploitation and harm and to enhance their psychological, emotional, physical and interpersonal well-being
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
6.0 Contact Hours
Mental Health Professionals
Contains case-based material
Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
Provider No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-667304
Dana Trexler, LSW
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: