Want Unlimited CE?
Infection Control and Safety for Salon Professionals – 3 CE
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain why proper sanitation and infection control practices are essential in the salon setting.
- Compare and contrast between bacteria and viruses, their modes of transportation, and identify the various types of microorganisms found within a salon shop setting.
- Compare and contrast the difference between sanitizers, disinfectants, and sterilizers while explaining antibacterial agents.
- Describe infection control responsibilities according to universal sanitation precautions and within the practice of cosmetology and according to OSHA
- Identify workplace hazards facing salon professionals.
- Recall the responsibilities of the employer and the rights of the employees under OSHA guidelines.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Boutique Services Registrant
Natural Hair Stylist
Contains case-based material
Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board
Provider No. 50-20641
Ohio Course Approval No. 210125
CE Broker No. 20-844699
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 75% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. This activity is only approved for Ohio credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: