Want Unlimited CE?
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
This course is designed to help health care professionals recognize the signs and symptoms of MERS and take prompt action to help improve the prognosis for infected patients and limit the possibility that the virus will spread to others.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe common types of coronaviruses that can infect humans.
- Describe the commonalities and differences between MERS, SARS, and COVID-19.
- Describe the origins of the 2012 MERS outbreak.
- Describe how MERS-CoV can be transmitted.
- Identify populations that are at increased risk for MERS-CoV.
- Describe the common signs and symptoms of MERS-CoV.
- Describe how MERS-CoV is diagnosed and how confirmed cases should be reported.
- Describe methods for treating and preventing MERS-CoV.
- Describe the safety and infection control guidelines that must be followed when working with patients with MERS-CoV.
- Describe the current threat that MERS poses to health care workers and the general public in the United States.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Clinical Lab Personnel
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-787754
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: