Want Unlimited CE?
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the frequency and potential consequences of medication errors.
- Discuss the distinction between drug safety, safe medication administration, quality issues, adverse events, and medication errors.
- Identify and discuss the roles of various governing bodies in promoting and ensuring medication safety.
- Discuss common types and causes of medication errors committed by pharmacists.
- Describe how patient behavior may contribute to medication errors.
- Describe the reporting requirements for medication errors.
- Discuss a pharmacist’s obligations under Florida’s Continuous Improvement Program.
- Identify ways a pharmacist can help promote medication safety for patients.
- Describe the six “rights” of safe medication administration.
- Discuss ways in which patient safety can be improved during medication distribution.
- Describe steps that a consumer can take to avoid a medication error.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Contains case-based material
FL Board of Pharmacy
Provider No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-661213
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: