Want Unlimited CE?
HIPAA for Healthcare Professionals
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of HIPAA.
- Identify the types of individuals and entities covered under HIPAA.
- Describe the types of personal information protected under HIPAA.
- Provide an overview of the HIPAA provisions related to the use and disclosure of protected health information.
- Describe the steps that covered entities must take to keep patient information secure.
- Describe the steps that must be taken in the event of a HIPAA breach.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
AZ Athletic Trainer
Certified Nursing Assistant
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-740022
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: