AGD Accredited Continuing Education for Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and other Dental Professionals
Ethics and Its Applications in the Dental Field – 1 CE
Most clinical situations you encounter will have established procedures that you should follow. However, you may also encounter situations that are not as clear cut. To help you decide on the best course of action to take, you will need to rely on moral and ethical principles to guide your actions. This course takes an in-depth look at the ethical principles that serve as the foundation of the practice of dentistry and the rest of the medical profession.
This course is equivalent to one contact hour. It can be accessed through the convenience of a laptop, a computer, or a mobile device.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify why ethics is important in the medical field.
- Identify the different principles of ethics in the medical field.
- Identify the ethical issues in the medical profession.
- Identify the ethical theories in relation to the medical profession.
- Identify what procedures are legal to delegate to dental assistants and hygienists.
- Assess what level of supervision is required when a procedure is delegated.
- Describe the difference between the legal and ethical requirements applicable to delegation and supervision.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
1.0 Contact Hour
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CE Broker No. 20-859957
Jonas Ashbaugh, DDS
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: