Want Unlimited CE?
COVID-19 Vaccines: A Guide for Health Care Professionals – 1 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the history of vaccines.
- Describe how vaccines work.
- Identify the types of vaccines currently available in the United States.
- Describe the process for developing and testing vaccines.
- Describe the various types and formats of vaccines as well as the common ingredients used in vaccines.
- Provide an overview of the development of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Identify the COVID-19 vaccines that are currently available as well as the guidelines for the storage, dosing, and administration of the vaccines.
- Recall the mandatory requirements under the emergency use authorizations issued for the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Describe the current guidelines for distributing the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Describe what health care providers and the public should expect now that a COVID-19 vaccine is available.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
The information in this course regarding the COVID-19 vaccines was last updated on 12/29/2020. While this course is meant to provide a survey of the latest available information, this is a rapidly evolving situation. All health care providers should consult the latest guidance from local, state, and federal health authorities before implementing any actions in their practice. This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
1.0 Contact Hour
Advanced Practice RN
Clinical Lab Personnel
Certified Nursing Assistant
Dental Hygienist Dentist
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-807020
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: