Want Unlimited CE?
Child Abuse and Neglect: How Nurses Can Advocate for Pediatric Patients – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define child abuse and its scope.
- Identify different characteristics and/or behaviors of perpetrators of child abuse.
- Recognize the signs, symptoms, and long-term consequences of child abuse and neglect.
- Identify patients at increased risk for abuse or neglect.
- Identify and utilize appropriate nursing diagnoses and interventions for child abuse and neglect.
- Identify and utilize best practices when responding to cases of child abuse.
- Define a mandated reporter and his/her responsibilities.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Contains case-based material
CA BRN No. 2020138
Provider No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-891337
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Dr. Patricia Dunn DNP, APRN, FNPBC
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 01/14/2023
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: