Want Unlimited CE?
An Introduction to Opioid Use Disorders Webcast – 1 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the increasing prevalence of opioids in drug abuse and drug-related deaths in the United States.
- Distinguish the difference between opiates and opioids.
- Name examples of natural and synthetic opioids.
- Identify the primary factor contributing to the rise of opioid abuse in the United States.
- Define opioid abuse and/or dependence as outlined in the DSM-V.
- Identify signs of opioid abuse
- Identify signs of opioid overdose
- Discuss opioid withdrawal and identify likely signs of this.
- Name the three symptoms’ signs found in the Opioid Overdose Triad
- Discuss the initial treatment of an opioid overdose.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Home Study Webcast
1.0 Contact Hour
Contains case-based material
CA BRN No. 2020138
FL Board of Nursing
DC Board of Nursing
GA Board of Nursing
NM Board of Nursing
ND Board of Nursing
SC Board of Nursing
CE Broker No. 20-847845
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Patricia Dunn DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
Handout Download Link(s)
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 01/14/2023
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: