Want Unlimited CE?
Validation of Controlled Substances Prescriptions – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the scope of the opioid epidemic in the United States and the role that prescribers and pharmacists play in preventing opioid misuse and diversion.
- Define common terms relating to opioid misuse and addiction.
- Describe the pathophysiology of addiction.
- Describe the process for calculating morphine milligram equivalents.
- Describe current opioid dosing guidelines.
- Identify the steps that prescribers and pharmacists can take to identify and counsel at-risk patients.
- Describe the role that the Controlled Substances Act plays in preventing the misuse and diversion of controlled substances.
- Identify relevant provisions of Florida law related to the prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances.
- Describe how Florida’s prescription drug monitoring program can help ensure the proper prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Contains case-based material
FL Board of Pharmacy
Approval No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-767718
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: