Want Unlimited CE?
Pharmacology of Antibiotics A Refresher Course for Nurses – 2CE
Antibiotics are a familiar form of treatment to nurses. They are some of the most common and easily accessible drugs worldwide. However, this accessibility has led to the misuse of antibiotics and is a major cause of the threat known as antimicrobial resistance.
This course provides a review of what antibiotics are, how they work, and the role nurses play in ensuring the safe and efficacious administration of antibiotic agents.
This course is equivalent to two contact hours. It can be accessed through the convenience of a laptop, computer, and other mobile devices.
At the end of the course, the participant is expected to:
- Recall the mechanisms of action of different antibiotic classes to help recommend the ideal patient medication.
- Name the different factors that affect antibiotic treatment selection to help provide sound medical advice.
- Identify the types of antibiotics and their treatment considerations to help educate patients.
- Name the factors that facilitate antibiotic resistance to help ensure patients’ wellbeing.
- Identify and exemplify antibiotic stewardship in the practice of profession.
- Perform the roles of nurses in preventing antibiotic resistance.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Licensed Practical Nurse
Contains case-based material
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20- 897270
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Dr. Patricia Dunn
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: