Want Unlimited CE?
Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma (PAHT) – 3 CE
This course is designed to provide health care professionals, mental health professionals, and others who are likely to encounter potential abuse with the tools needed to identify the signs of abuse and to take the appropriate action.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define pediatric abusive head trauma
- Describe the prevalence of pediatric abusive head trauma
- Describe the long-term consequences of pediatric abusive head trauma
- Identify common causes of pediatric abusive head trauma
- Identify both victim and perpetrator risk factors for pediatric abusive head trauma
- Identify the most common injuries associated with pediatric abusive head trauma
- Describe the assessment and treatment protocols for pediatric abusive head trauma
- Identify steps that can be taken to reduce the incidence of pediatric abusive head trauma
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Emergency Medical Technician
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistant
Contains case-based material
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-612783
GNA Approved Provider No. 4003268.
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
CE Broker Reporting
If you are licensed under a board supported by CE Broker, feel free to log into your CE Broker account to view your reported courses or to contact their support staff.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: