Want Unlimited CE?
Pandemic Infection Control – 3 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define infection control.
- Identify and explain the mechanisms by which infectious diseases may be transmitted to and among humans and be able to give examples of each.
- Describe preventative measures to avoid a pandemic illness.
- Describe differences in the transmission of diseases between people groups, based on age, health status, and location.
- Identify effective methods of hand hygiene to reduce the spread of pathogens in health care settings.
- Examine the differences in effective infection control measures under normal circumstances versus during a pandemic.
- Describe infection control best-practices for use in various health care settings.
- Describe considerations for international and domestic travel during pandemics.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Clinical Lab Personnel
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-787768
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: