Want Unlimited CE?
OSHA-Compliant Bloodborne Pathogens Training: Ensuring Workplace Safety and Health Standards – 3.0
Bloodborne Pathogens Training is crucial for healthcare professionals, as they are at increased risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens due to the nature of their work. These pathogens, such as HIV, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C, can cause severe health complications and pose a significant risk to both healthcare workers and patients. To protect themselves and others, it is essential for healthcare professionals to be well-versed in the prevention, handling, and reporting of bloodborne pathogen exposures.
This 3-hour Bloodborne Pathogens Training course is specifically designed to provide healthcare professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills to safely and effectively manage potential exposure risks. This course is compliant with OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, ensuring that participants receive up-to-date, accurate, and relevant information.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the epidemiology, modes of transmission, and symptoms of common bloodborne pathogens and common communicable diseases.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to evaluate and control exposure to hazards in a health care setting.
- Select appropriate techniques for identifying and eliminating hazards in the health care setting.
- Manage and respond to workplace injuries involving bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases.
- Establish record keeping practices in compliance with OSHA standards.
This course satisfies the training requirements set by the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29CFR 1090.1030.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
For All Healthcare Professionals
Contains case-based material
Patricia Dunn, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
Handout Download Link(s)
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: