Want Unlimited CE?
Nursing Pharmacology Sedatives, Anesthetics, and Analgesics – 2 CE
The number of minor surgical procedures being performed on an outpatient basis in practitioner offices or clinics has increased in recent years. This means that an increasing number of patients are receiving sedation and anesthetics outside of the hospital setting. As nurses, it is important to be knowledgeable in sedative and anesthetic pharmacology to ensure patient safety. This course provides an overview of what procedural sedation and analgesia is, what medications are used, and the nursing considerations to take before, during, and after procedural sedation and analgesia.
This course is equivalent to two contact hours and can be easily accessed through a mobile device, computer, or laptop.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the various levels along the sedation continuum.
- Assess patients to accurately identify their level of sedation.
- Recall the common medications used for procedural sedation, their indications/contraindications, their routes of administration, and reversal agents.
- Identify nursing considerations and interventions that should be included in sedation care planning.
- Recognize the warning signs of the most common sedation/anesthesia complications.
- Manage sedation/anesthesia emergencies using evidenced-based best practices.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-897360
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Dr. Patricia Dunn
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: