Want Unlimited CE?
Medical Emergencies and Airway Management: Florida Required – 4 CE
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss procedure-specific and patient-specific risk factors that can lead to dental emergencies in oral health care settings.
- Describe steps that dental professionals can take to prepare for a medical emergency.
- Describe the steps involved in performing a primary & secondary patient survey during an emerging perioperative event.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of common medical emergencies in order to formulate a diagnosis.
- Initiate the appropriate action based on the diagnosis to stabilize the patient until emergency medical services arrive.
- Identify and apply clinical best practices to protect the airway of sedated patients.
- Identify the signs of respiratory distress in patients and respond accordingly.
- Recognize the most common airway emergencies associated with dentistry and their appropriate treatments.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
4.0 Contact Hours
Community Dental Health Coordinator
Expanded Function Auxilliary
Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Registered Dental Asisstant
Contains case-based material
AGD provider ID #386503
Dental Board of CA No. RP5822
FL Board of Dentistry No . 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-894284
Jonas Ashbaugh, DDS
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: