Want Unlimited CE?
An Overview of Irritable Bowel Syndrome – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define irritable bowel syndrome and describe the most common symptoms of this disorder.
- Understand and explain the process used by medical personnel to formally diagnose a patient with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Understand and explain the pathophysiology of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Explain the different dietary influences researchers believe play a role in producing the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Describe the possible complications of high fructose corn syrup consumption that may occur alongside irritable bowel syndrome.
- Identify the different approaches used to manage the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome in patients.
- Name the different medications that can be used to manage symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and understand which medicines are used to treat different presentations of the disorder.
- Describe the biopsychosocial factors associated with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Explain differences in irritable bowel syndrome manifestations between certain demographics.
- Understand and explain the connection between irritable bowel syndrome and socioeconomic status.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Clinical Lab Personnel
Licensed Practical Nurse
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-766848
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
CE Broker Reporting
If you are licensed under a board supported by CE Broker, feel free to log into your CE Broker account to view your reported courses or to contact their support staff.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: