Want Unlimited CE?
Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace – 2 CE
Learn about recognizing workplace impairment to help maintain safety among healthcare providers and patients in this CE.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define impairment.
- Describe the potential consequences of practicing while impaired.
- Recognize how impairment is different from having a bad day.
- Identify common types and causes of impairment among healthcare professionals.
- List risk factors for impairment that are unique to healthcare professionals.
- Identify common signs of impairment and drug diversion.
- Describe requirements for reporting an impaired professional.
- Analyze intervention techniques for dealing with impaired healthcare professionals.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Start Date: 07/14/2022
Expiration Date: 07/14/2025
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Contains case-based material
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-591101
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
CE Broker Reporting
If you are licensed under a board supported by CE Broker, feel free to log into your CE Broker account to view your reported courses or to contact their support staff.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: