Want Unlimited CE?
End of Life Care
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the specific comfort needs an individual has near the end of life, as well as the strategies and methods that can be used to meet each of those needs
- Know the difference between the various end of life care options available to patients, as well as their intended purposes.
- Make an informed decision about end of life care based on practical issues, as well as the wishes of the individual in question
- Define Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and recognize how these illnesses will change the end of life experience for the dying person and his or her loved ones.
- Understand the different approaches that can be used to make healthcare decisions on behalf of a dying loved one.
- Be aware of the different issues that may arise when making important healthcare decisions, as well as how each of these issues can be handled.
- Know what to expect when someone dies, as well as how to recognize the signs that death is near.
- Know what to expect during the grieving process and name strategies that can be used to deal with grief.
- Be aware of the different tools available for end of life planning and be prepared to have conversations about end of life planning with the individual nearing death.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
3.0 Contact Hours
Advanced Practice RN
Certified Nursing Assistant
Licensed Practical Nurse
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-762688
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: