Want Unlimited CE?
COVID-19 and other Coronaviruses for EMS Personnel – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define coronaviruses.
- Describe the types of coronaviruses that affect human populations.
- Describe the symptoms associated with human coronavirus infection.
- Identify common modes of human coronavirus transmission.
- Identify techniques for preventing human coronavirus transmission.
- Discuss the origins of the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Describe the common symptoms and complications of COVID-19.
- Describe the current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations for emergency medical service personnel assisting patients with confirmed or suspected SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Describe steps for managing patient and family distress in the pre-hospital setting.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
Emergency Medical Technician
Contains case-based material
FL Emergency Medical Services
Provider No. 50-20641
CE Broker No. 20-803760
John Villa, MD
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: