Want Unlimited CE?
Chemical Makeup for Manicurists – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the overall function of the integumentary system.
- Describe the anatomy and chemical makeup of the nail system.
- Define the role of pH in maintaining a healthy integumentary system.
- Discuss common disorders and diseases affecting the nails.
- Identify ways in which nail infections are transmitted in the salon setting.
- Identify steps that can be taken to prevent the transmission of infectious conditions in the salon setting, including the proper disinfection, sanitation, and sterilization of equipment and utensils.
- Describe how chemicals can affect nail health.
- Describe the safety precautions that must be used when working with chemicals in a salon setting.
- Describe how vitamins and minerals can be used to improve nail health.
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
OH Advanced Manicurists
OH Managing Manicurist
Contains case-based material
OH State Cosmetology and Barber Board
Provider No. 50-20641
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. This activity is only approved for Ohio credit.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: