Want Unlimited CE?
Adolescent Neurological Development and Implications – 2 CE
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Examine the extensive remodeling in adolescent brain development
- Critically and objectively assess the way information is processed in an adolescent brain
- Recognize and evaluate the chemical junctions at which messages are passed on
- Define and describe neurotransmitters and how changes within the systems effect the adolescent brain
- Analyze the difference of brain volume between male and female adolescents
- Critically and objectively assess the interaction between adolescents and their environment
- Describe, in detail, how the changes in neurotransmission allow for increase in intellectual capacity and in abstract reasoning skills
- Analyze the increased sensitivity adolescents face when choosing friends over family
- Examine experimenting and exploring during the adolescent years and how those actions can negatively affect their emotions
- Recognize the symptoms of decreased self-care and how to project a proper disease management
Level 2. Basic Application of Skills and Concepts
AchieveCE is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2025.
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268. AchieveCE is an approved provider from July 14, 2022 to July 14, 2025.
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Home Study Monograph
2.0 Contact Hours
TR1 – Field Related Treatment
PR1 – Prevention Field Related
Advanced Practice RN
Clinical Lab Personnel
Licensed Practical Nurse
Mental Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistant
Podiatric X-Ray Assistant
Contains case-based material
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-712845
GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268
Jamie Surratt, MD
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
CE Broker Reporting
If you are licensed under a board supported by CE Broker, feel free to log into your CE Broker account to view your reported courses or to contact their support staff.
Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
iOS 10+, Android 4.3+
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Broadband Internet Connection:
T1, Hi-speed DSL or Cable
4G cellular connection
You may also be interested in: